Barton Community College supports our veterans and veterans' family members in applying for and managing their VA Education Benefits/GI Bill.
Information may be obtained from the Department of Veterans Affairs website to verify individual eligibility and requirements to apply. The Department of Veterans Affairs requires all applications for benefits to be submitted electronically. To avoid delay in processing, do not mail applications.
The information provided on this website pertains to students at the Great Bend, Fort Riley and Fort Leavenworth Campuses and will be required. All documentation must be submitted before certification for courses can occur - NO EXECEPTIONS!
It is required of each student wishing to use their VA benefits to read ALL the information on the Veteran Services website!
To begin the process, please select from the one of the links to the left to access specific information on the Chapter of VA benefits you will be using at Barton Community College.
- It is the student’s responsibility to review all Veteran Services policies and procedures.
- Classes will begin being certified after they have started.
- Students must have either be working with their academic advisor to ensure courses are needed for their degree/certificate or have a Parent School Letter on file.
- An Enrollment Certification Request is needed for each term a student enrolls in.
- Enrollment Certification Requests submitted late may require an additional 5-7 business days for processing.
- It is the student’s responsibility to let the SCO know if they are using any other means of payment-scholarships, federal financial aid, tuition assistance, etc. Enrollment requirements may vary between payment types.
- Failure to complete any step in the process may result in a delay in certification or the student being responsible for their account balance.
Courses will begin being certified during the first week of class.
Rates of Pay
VA Customer Service - Submit question online
Programs of Study